Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Drawing Pictures

Find Me On Tumblr - Find Me On Flickr
Drawing Pictures
By Ryan Johnston

October sounds,
Fall inside of me like the rain
Drowning me in last year
And the feeling in that time
The sky is clouded, deep in grey
Past the mountains, 
That always pulled me in
The open air, goes on without an end
Like the deepest ocean
You and I, had almost been

Breathing in the feeling,
Find me while I'm sleeping
Floating to the ceiling
You fit me like a coffin

October sounds,
Sweep me off my feet
The funeral waves, roll like smoke
Consuming this room, burning to ash
Everything, I could never live without
So, carry off this summer
Like a ghostly pallbearer

I mourn every single thing 
And it's everything
That I wish I could change
Lost among the passing seasons
Buried underneath the silent stones
Lie the best of times we killed
Tearing apart, 
Every new one that we build

October sounds,
Run like rivers through these streets
Flooding minds with memories
Filling empty lakes,
In the season of a drought
These bridges still burn
Even underwater
Where I sleep deeply underneath
The perfection and trickery
Of how I wanted everything to be
If the poison apple is a dream
The wicked queen is reality
You're still gone, nothing has changed
But it won't ever be the same
Without you, everyday

Breathing in that feeling
Try to believe I'm not dreaming
Driving you home in the March evening
Through the roof of your orange car
The stars fill up the night sky
Like you filled mine

They fall now like sand
Through a different kind of glass
Clouding our closed eyes
Sliding down your cheek
Like a glowing tear drop
Slipping away like the words
I wished I had never said
Into the cracked cement
Where everything just disappears
But I still feel you there

I wake up on the floor
In a room that I don't know
I see your face everyday
Like a painting I can't forget
The sky is brushed in the deepest grey
And I'm wishing for an empty canvas
And a different kind of paint
A different kind of paint

2 comments:

  1. It could seem pathetic for us to keep complimenting each other's work, but I really like this. Some clever lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jade, so much! This was the first thing I was able write after leaving my apartment.

    ReplyDelete