Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Six By Two


Press Play To Listen To: 
Six By Two - By Kill Creek

Six By Two
By Kill Creek


I'll be back to pull the garden
Spring has proven winter cruel
And all of summer's beauty, lies there rotting 
Stripped like yours, from you 

And I know I, can't stand remembering 
The dirt under our fingernails 
The silence, your defense 
Tired, over tired hand 

And we spent December 
Given our best shot at hating 
But now, as I remember, 
We had no reason to abuse

I'll force God to notice 
That he, is giving nothing back 
And all of us were wet out in the boneyard 
He washed the tears from you 

And I know you, deserve none of this
My distance, as we stole flowers from his grave 
The silence, my defense 
Tired, over tired hand 

And I recall the ways 
You pretended not to notice 
But we both sowed the soil 
That grew only what could die 

And if you believe,
That I tried only to deceive
You know, that's not, true

No comments:

Post a Comment