Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Spacing

Find Me On Tumblr - Find Me On Flickr
Spacing
By Ryan Johnston


The clock is ticking
The ticking is a bomb
I remember thinking, back then
You can't wish on falling stars
In a room with four walls, 
And no windows
She opened up that door, 
And she isn't coming home

You can't exchange
What you knew you shouldn't say
(Even though it didn't fit you)
And there is nothing sparkling
In the precious time you wasted
(Now these mines are empty)
One day, she'll live inside you
Alongside of all your regrets
I am running low on space 
But not short of emptiness
An alphabet inferno
The letters I never made into words
Burning away, in my days
Nighttime, is much much worse

You staked me in a future
Where the past was still hiding out
Ripping and tearing at the cement
But now it's part of the ground
I will try, to lift myself up
From this stained and dirty floor
I will try, to just let it go

I heard the storm found it's calm
And now the wintertime is warm
Maybe I'll find my peace
While I am fighting overseas
The walls of my heart are filled
With six floors and seven keys
And her voice still echoes
Haunting stairways in my dreams

There is one room, 
Where there isn't anything
Locked up from the inside, 
There is no door, and no ceiling
The rain pours in all night and day
But it's far too empty, to ever fill
The weightless words of every song
I thought I knew, but never did
Rise, and become birds again

You fly away, like you were never there
The trouble is remembering
Where It was, I was standing

No comments:

Post a Comment