![]() |
| Photography by Meghann Keeley Stone Find Me On Tumblr - Find Me On Flickr |
Distances
By Ryan Johnston
Up hill, and so distant
The flags half mast
They’re sailing in the wind, like waving hands
Overfilled, yet so vacant
The scene above
Cast over me, like a tragedy
Visceral, and so dreamy
The purple clouds
And this black skyline, that I’m lying in
Breathe in, and let it go
But I’m still here
Locked up in your chest,
Like a souvenir
So far, from all we've been
Distance me, from everyone,
And everything
I’m constricting you again
Disappear, from these years
Away from everyone
And everything
I’m constricting you again
Move on, go away
And did you ever think
All the weightless things
Could be so heavy?
Move on, get away
I didn't ever think
I would be blinded
By what I couldn't see
Up hill, and so distant
The flags half mast
I’m sailing in the wind
They wave their hands
But I’m somewhere else

No comments:
Post a Comment