![]() |
| Find Me On Tumblr - Find Me On Flickr |
It's what you've been
By Ryan Johnston
Some days, they are so meaningful
Like a waterfall, with it's misty reach
Living in the air, before it hits the ground
Someday, I hope I fall like that
Some days, I think you said it best
When you said nothing much at all
Your smile so precise
Someday, I hope to love like that
With my back pressed flat to the ground
Memories and ghosts, and all these changes
Taste the bitterness, of better times
Feel the weight, pressing like gravity
My mind is torn, I am so worn down
Do you remember, when we poured like rain?
And we could wash away,
The wrongs that we both made
Some days, are for letting go
Like a summer stream, slipping through the cracks
We lose a part of what we are, And all the things we've been
The jagged walls inside of us, crumble as the past spills out
And it drowns in the loneliness, in the sea of bones we left
The rest moves on, as we float away
In the current we contrast, and we become something else
In the morning, when it's like the whole world
Has died and disappeared, am I still asleep?
I watch the moon fall away, into the silent air
And I know that I am, and I have been that
Without it's beauty, without it's elegance
You are in my blood, in every single beat
And I won't forget your face,
And how you swam upstream for me
And I won't forget your name
And everything you did for me
And I hope you don't forget
The better things I've been
In the current we contrast,
As we flow into the sea
Last night I made my way, out to you,
You were there, among the crashing waves
Where the sea, and the sand meet
You told me to tie my tongue, and breathe
And fill my mind with this dream
You said the stars were going dim
They had faded out, like we did
Underneath the blanket sky
I watched a tear run down your cheek
And I knew that this was dying, like I've been

No comments:
Post a Comment