Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Glass Half Empty

Find Me OnTumblr  -  Find Me On Flickr 
The Glass Half Empty

By Ryan Johnston
For SD


Tonight, I said goodbye
To cats, and trees, and seasons
The memories slide from my mind
But you get stuck inside my eyes
Frozen this time, since you went away
I wait up every night, for you to rise and fill the sky

The things we said, and what we almost did
Turn into feelings, forever left unsaid
In time, they will die and fade away
But a piece of you, will always live inside of me
Moving me like the wind

Black cats, and fairy-tales
Dying kingdoms, and flooded ships 
I tried so hard, to keep them all from sinking
But the end of the story, had already been written
Glass slippers, stuck in haunted stairs 
Covered in sheets, like the ghosts we are now
Collecting dust, in this place we used live
To say goodbye, I say that no one else 
Could shape this piece of time 
That was made for us to fit
Or walk in the footsteps,
Of a glass, that only you can fill

Time takes care of everyone
Mending our wounds, helping us forget
A comforting hand, wrapped around your throat
A friendly face, with a knife behind it's back
And as the walls of the kingdom
Fall down, and crumble all around me
Everything is changing, nothing looks the same
She lives inside of me like the quiet
And that part, is only for me

No comments:

Post a Comment