Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Untitled


Untitled
By Ryan Johnston

It was late a.m., in the nighttime of the fall
The year didn't matter, just the leaves and the snow
We began as five, when the weather was warm
Now we're only three, and winter's frozen heart begins to beat

We readied ourselves, biting down on our tongues
Preparing ourselves, to leave the base we called home 
I had seen longer stays,  and better ocean array
But none had meant more to me, than the color of this sand

For the two swept away,  in the summertime rain
I lost more that weekend, than I could hope to find again
In the curtains of night, when the moon closes one eye
Two stars still shine for them, one for Sandra, one for Sun

In the day's end
As we drift through the sky
I hope clouds can catch us,
I hope they break our fall

There is nothing calm,
In the wind of a constant storm

No comments:

Post a Comment