Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Summer With The Sun

Find Me On Tumblr - Find Me On Flickr

The Summer With The Sun
By Ryan Johnston

Summertime flies by again,
Waving goodbye, with the grace of a hurricane
The weight behind it’s vengeful hand
Pulled our bridges down 
From that view, we could finally see 
They were held together 
By nothing more than our dreams

Crashing loud, to the hardest ground
Cutting air, and the sound it makes
When it echoes in your tired mind
Falling away into that empty canyon, 
The slice we made on that wall of time
Never heals, and it always bleeds
One Summer, I know I’ll find you again

The wreckage in your rear-view mirror
Is the rubble that used to be our home
Sometimes it feels like we’re still there
Underneath the stars, underneath the stairs
Seven Years, at four in the morning

My eyes ignite, your voice is a spark
The room is gasoline, when you sing into the dark
Falling from the sky, you’re the burning rain
And I still find myself running through it
Crashing down, without a sound
A falling tree, in the forest with no one around
The silent air holds me there
In Winter’s frozen headlights

And everything fell down
That weekend you left town
The lights went out for me 
Apartment walls breathed me in
It was like all the time we killed
Waited upstairs for revenge
Blood poured out from those walls
Like a heartbreak waterfall
Treading downstairs 
After everybody was gone

I remember thinking, that I could spend the rest of my life
Sitting outside in the warm night, and listen to you talk
About childhood ghosts and imaginary friends
Connecting with black cats and mystical things
You never see it ending, until your writing it all down

I remember thinking, that I could spend the rest of the night
Trying to explain how you colored my eyes like the sunrise
Does to the morning sky, when I was just getting out of work
I can still see the broken stool outside the front door
Where we used to talk about all of our dreams
We couldn’t know then, that we would never fall back to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment