| Find Me On Tumblr - Find Me On Flickr |
Sea Stories
By Ryan Johnston
They say, these things come
In waves, and they'll find you
They say, these things come
In waves, and they'll find you
Writing letters, from the shoreline
Or sinking, deep to the bottom
Anchored, to this sadness
That keeps you in place
Endless, are the low tides
Tangled up, in this tension
Hanging on to the bitter end
But once in a while
Someone will come along
Cutting the lines
And you find yourself,
Moving again,
Back to the start
And, after a while
Someone will come along
Walking through walls
And you'll find yourself
Forgetting, what it was
You built so hard, to keep out
But then, there were those times
What about those times?
You and I, Charting all of those sounds
Navigating around all the bends
Planning all the routes we'd take
Those days were an open ocean
Even moving ahead
I'm still back there
Where ideas would erupt inside you
And I was the village below
How could I help but catch fire?
And now I voyage alone
Clouds block out sunlight
In all time, darkness
But once in a while,
The sun will come along
Breaking the clouds,
And you find yourself,
In daylight again,
This breeze falls around us
Becoming the wind,
Where you still move me,
Even from behind
But then, there were those times
What about those times?
You and I, finding direction
Even in the starless sky
Pulling light from the moon
Unveiled by you
And six strings become our compass
And moving on, moving ahead
I can't help but feel, we both lose
Now I voyage alone
This breeze falls all around me
And calm is like the justice
For all those who consider
This sinking, and these wasted days
A crime against, the better things
That you have been
When the doors were wide open
And the sun poured like drops of rain
Through the cracks of swollen clouds
While everyone else, was still sleeping
No comments:
Post a Comment