Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Tempo Of October

Find Me On Tumblr - Find Me On Flickr
The Tempo Of October
By Ryan Johnston



I fell
With all the grace
That I just don't have
Tripped on my tongue
Now I'm stuck to this floor
'Cause I just can't pick 
Myself up anymore

"Land safe, write home
You're not alone, 
We all love you."
It's things they say
To fill up the space
'Cause I'm on the moon
And there's nothing
Up here but holes

I lost you
Out there
In a forest of words
And I burned it all down
'Cause my heart was on fire
And my tongue was the wind

Tomorrow, 
Something new
Feel so free
Like a fly in glue
They don't make maps
To find someone like you
I've been digging holes
Since the day I was born

You are,
So much more
Than the pretty face
That was given to you
They all dress you for school
Lock the door to your room
So you don't fly around
When no one is home

They've never felt
The air from your wings
Or read the verse underneath
The sound of your voice 
When you sing for the trees
For me, it's the chorus 
Flooding my veins

No comments:

Post a Comment