Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Quiet

Find Me On Flickr  -   Find Me On Tumblr
The Quiet
By Ryan Johnston

The quiet today
Engraved me, stoned me
Carve me like an artist
Draw me, like a breath
Nighttime inspires
Sleeping, less and less

I paraded yesterday
Dressed up as rain
I Fell from the clouds
That stormed inside my head
And I fell for you
So deep, 
I've been falling ever since

Crashing 
Through the ceiling
Into a house, no one was living
Inside the walls, l found two cats
And a girl, who was a mirror
She reflected things,
I had never seen
She was a queen, 
She was a bird
Her lips cemented me, 
Her face was poetry
She took me in, for all I was
And everything, I had never been

We spoke one day, 
Never using words
We framed the walls, 
With songs and pictures
Writing verses into thin air 
So much of who I am
I found with you, those times
So much of what I was
I lost when we both died
A piece of me, Is still hanging there
On the broken letters
Of every word that went unspoken
But never unheard

One day I got too close
My wings caught fire
I fell into those waves
An ocean made of mirrors
I drown in her reflection

Beds become ceilings
In the quiet today
Out through the roof 
As a droplet of rain 
Back into the clouds
This dream comes to end
Queens marry kings
Fools die alone
Building walls around myself
Blocking out the light
Nothing gets inside of this
No need, to come back out

No comments:

Post a Comment