Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bottom Of This Dream

Find Me On Tumblr - Find Me On Flickr

Bottom Of This Dream
By Ryan Johnston 


Tonight, I walked to the cadence of my mistakes. 
I keep moving
Inside of my heart, is a canyon
The hands that were open, are holding onto nothing
They fall away, to live on the bottom of this dream
What it used to mean, to me

Tonight, I saw a mirror like I have never seen
I keep staring, like I'm looking into this
And my hearts still beating 
To the rhythm of your voice
It used to be the medicine, 
For the sickness I could never see,
But I could feel it killing me

My mind is turning, like a windmill in a hurricane
And, in deconstructing your words, 
I find them piled up on the morning floor
There are so many parts to you
There is a beauty, that lives inside of you
It's in everything that you do
There is a purity that speaks, when you don't 
Hypnotize my veins, inject me with distress
Motionless, are the things that cannot be rebuilt

Tonight, I'll keep walking 
To the cadence of this place
Tonight, I'll lose faith 
In what used to drive me
Ill keep moving through these days
What they used to mean to me
December's cold nights know no end
And the sun is only quicksand

No comments:

Post a Comment