Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Graveyards

flickr.com/photos/sleepundergroundtonight iusedtobesooriginal.tumblr.com
Graveyards
By Ryan Johnston

Walking around this town
Broken glass covering the streets
It’s the perfect depiction
Of this mess that’s tearing me
But, I need this cold air tonight
To freeze out what’s inside me
Yeah, I need this reflection
To see what I used to be

And this shadow follows so secretly
As I move underneath the trees
And I know that I’m meant to keep this
In the graveyard where I sleep

Moving forward so quick now
I feel so much is left behind
If things are looking up now
Why is there a limit to this sky?
I went down, and you didn't rise
And now there is no way to survive

And the walls that I remember
They were around, not in between us
You’ll say, they aren't really there
Everything is fine, just as clear as air
But I am broken now, 
From walking into them

And, I need this cold air, tonight
To preserve what’s left of me
And the words you spoke yesterday
Tell me I fucked things up, again

Burn myself again
I never seem to learn
Maybe if there was time
But we both know, I have to leave
Next time there is a fire
Throw in the last two years
Cast the ashes of you and me
And bury all this at sea
Filling the emptiness of space
With sand, from a Texas beach

No comments:

Post a Comment