![]() |
| Find Me On Flickr - Find Me On Tumblr |
Hope Plus Less
By Ryan Johnston
Tonight, I learned
That there is a deep
Beneath the floor
The one with the rocks
That they speak of
You said
Hold your breath
Swim, or float your way
Back up to the top
Hold my hand
‘Cause the worlds
Spinning out of control
Like a carousel, inferno
Can you see in the dark?
Can you find your own way out?
It never looks the same
Like it did, walking in with you
With you
Today, I climbed
This mountain of hurt
Shaped from your words
They slide from the top of your mind
An avalanche spilling off of your tongue
And they find me down below
Walking around
And they bury me
Until you dig me back out
Those thoughts you speak
Once grew like trees
That light from your eyes
It would filter through the leaves
Causing me to see
The parts of my life
I had reported missing
They were right there in front of me
Can’t you see me in the dark?
Can’t you feel what I’m talking about?
There is this fire burning inside, for you
For you
I fell asleep
In that day time forest with you
Waking up to myself
Waking up, and then you were gone
Well, I’m still asleep inside
And I know I’ll open up my eyes
With you laying next to me in my bed
Paint your nails blue while you dream
And I would never leave your side
Sometimes I think
Something happened to me
There is this trauma,
There is this injury
And when you leave,
Next week, and you head up north
You close the door,
On everything we are
On everything we've been
And every memory,
Of you and me
I will always remember
Remember, to forget
There is this fire
Burning my life,
Without you
Without you

No comments:
Post a Comment