Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nebraska





Press Play To Listen To, Nebraska - By Bruce Springsteen

Nebraska

By Bruce Springsteen


I saw her standin' 
On her front lawn 
Just twirlin' her baton
Me and her went for a ride, sir 
And ten innocent people died

From the town of Lincoln, Nebraska 
With a sawed off .410, on my lap
Through to the badlands, of Wyoming 
I killed everything in my path

I can't say that, I am sorry 
For the things, that we done
At least for a little while, sir 
Me and her, we had us some fun

The jury brought in a guilty verdict 
And the judge, he sentenced me to death
Midnight in a prison storeroom 
With leather straps across my chest

Sheriff, when the man pulls that switch, sir 
And snaps my poor head back
You make sure my pretty baby 
Is sittin' right there, on my lap

They declared me, unfit to live 
Said into that great void 
My soul'd be hurled
They wanted to know 
Why I did, what I did
Well, sir, 
I guess there's just a meanness,
in this world

No comments:

Post a Comment