| Find Me On Flickr - Find Me On Tumblr |
Paint Your Past
By Ryan Johnston
It’s so many things
Space and mountains, and memories
This story’s alive
These words, they read from you
And you decide
How they feel, after they've been used
It’s about your mind,
It’s a meteor, falling down
And what’s left, after?
Tasting today,
Sipping from the cup of yesterday
This world moves on,
And your little pond becomes a lake
And your memories,
They drown beneath the waves
I always pictured you, with them
Pulling down, pulling me under
Every time I could catch my breath
Take some time,
You always wanted to get away
From the things you wouldn't say
You asked me to wait
And I built this winter around that
Could have stood forever,
Could have never fallen down
To you, I was Just a shelter
Tear it down, make room
For your summer home
Spray paint the past
Cover it up with black,
Your mirror, and all the
Things in your life
That cause you to reflect
Because you should have seen it
Because you should have known
That one day, you could get, so gone
It’s drifty, hazy
Changing like a dream
Like waking up on the wrong day
Waking up, somebody else
I get the feeling that I've been sick
If only all the good things
Were that easy to catch
You make it real
What you lost, you pacified in the end
If only you would just…
Someday, we’ll all be better than this
And they’ll let us outside again
Finding you, in the Summertime grass
In a future, that’s nothing but the past
No comments:
Post a Comment