Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Plain Air

Plain Air
By Ryan Johnston


Well you got away from here
From where the sun rises the same
Just like it did, last year
Well, you got away from me
And all the evil things
That I know, I just had to be

Standing in the hallway
Watch you get ready for the day
I don’t know where I’ve been
But I know, that I’m ready for you 

Mortuary parking lots, and purple backdrops
Empty notebook page, Like a plain white gauze
My heart inside my hand, this pen is a just an I.V. 
That someone pulled out

You say you understand me, more than I think
That one day I’ll know, that this just had to be
You say you love me, but you just have to leave
And you know someday, I’ll do great things

When you float around my eyes
The perfect mixture of vapour and air
And I’m burning alive, inside
I know, that I’m already there
Yeah, I’m already there

You say you understand me, more than I think
And know one knows you, better than me
You say you love me, but you just need something new
And you know one day. I’ll find someone much better than you

Standing in the empty hallway
Those times are still there, somewhere
The vapour burned itself into thin air
And you start your day, someplace else
Empty journals fill, 
When the memories you kill, bleed out
A crime scene, nobody ever found
We turn ourselves in, with the words we let out
Or hide behind the meaning, to cover up our tracks
Either way, the feeling,
It just stains


No comments:

Post a Comment